As you all know, the web is a pretty big place and just like in the real world, you can encounter all sorts of people. Here at Yahoo! Answers, as we strive to improve your experience on Answers, we are also committed to your online safety. That‘s why we offer many ways to control the personal information you want to display and who can contact you.
Since the amount of information you display on social networks is completely up to you, we wanted to remind you how to control these settings on Answers.
· Don’t display your real name. Pick a nickname or a screen name. A nickname without any personally identifiable information is best.
· Don’t post your real photo. Pick an image or go for an avatar or no image at all.
· Don’t reveal personal information in your profile.
· If you don’t want the community to see your questions and answers, make them private.
Want to control who contacts you?
· Limit your network of friends. Your contacts can view your activity on Answers. Controlling your network allows you to add or remove friends, and also block users.
* Activate or deactivate contact options. We never display your email address, but through this feature you can control whether other people can contact you or not.
And now, a question for you: Do you feel too much personal information is shared in the online world? How do you feel about it? Leave us a comment.